We are back in Buenos Aires after a long, amazing trip. Here is where we left off...
Sao Paulo, Brasil. Written by Emily (title provided by Jamila)
The Sampa Hostel prepared to host a party in honor of 100 years of Hosteling International, a company that organizes hostel options across the world. Gonçalo, who worked at the hostel, was hyping the party with its Brazilian BBQ, wine and cake. People who owned/worked at hostels throughout Sao Paolo came to the event and they got the lion's share of the free food and drink. The BBQ was yummy and cost R$3,00 (about $1.50USD). I kept wondering about the gigantic cake. As the Paulistas got drunker, the cake became means for a food fight. When I finally did try the cake after asking about it for hours, it was not too yummy. Claes, Jamila and I had a fun time and at midnight the party moved to Pau Brasil, the samba bar from the night before. It was packed with a live band playing and everyone on their feet dancing. A wonderful part of Brazilian culture was displayed at the bar- someone buys a large beer (a "40") and brings many cups to the table, sharing with everyone. The beer was a bit watered down so I loved it. Jamila and I had to leave early for Rio the next day, but before we left, Gonçalo shared some important observations. He called me "cakey girl" because I was allegedly obsessed with cake and he told me that Sugarloaf (one of the famous tourist attractions in Rio) was indeed not a cake. All in all, our time in Sao Paulo was a lot of fun, but I know we did not get to see all that the large city (of 14 million people) had to offer. Next time maybe!
No comments:
Post a Comment